Joined: 2 Apr 2009
ok guys. so my Language Arts/English/L.A./whatever-u-call-it teacher is REALLY cool! so i
am going to share some of how writing tips with u guys.
1. Power writing! here's what it looks like. say i am going to write
about my favorite restaurant:
1. My Favprote Restaurants are KFC, Apple Bees, and Baker's Square [this is a power
2. KFC [this is a power 2-something about the topic; in this case, a restaurant]
3. good popcorn chicken [this is a power 3-something that descrobes the power 2; u
can have as many power 3's as u want]
4. love to eat it cold [this is a power 4-something that is about the power 3; u
can have as many power 4's as u want]
4. saltly and crunchy [another power 4]
3. love the potato wedges [another power 3]
4. similar to french fries only bigger & better [another power 4]
2. Apple Bee's [another power 2-u sould always have at LEAST two power 2s]
3. And so on so forth, i could finish this power strusctu but u get the idea: i
would keep going untill i have enough things i want to write about.
when u r all done, u must put one more power 1
1. To summarize, KFC, Apple Bess, and Baker's Square are my Favre. restauratns. [this lats
power 1 is the conclusin.]
so that ^ is a power structure. it can help u if u need ot write an essay for school or
just a regular story!
2. Deadwords! deadwords are words u should never use in your writing.
be creative! (ok, its alright to use them SOMETIMES- But dont tell Mrs. H. that!)
Once upon a time
Then I woke up, it was all a dream
Hi, my name is
I would like to tell you about
Thank you for reading my
MORE TO COME
3. Grammar! WOOWOO! jk
A. comma splices: this is when there is a comma (,) in the middle of 2 complete
ex: She was mad at me, I told her to stop yelling. < < < <WRONG!
Correct form: She was mad at me. I told her to stop yelling.
B. Cliche: overused phrases and words! c'mon ppl be CREATIVE!
Ex. "Sally is gonna have a cow when she ssee this!" exclaimed Mark. < < <
Correct form: "Sally is gonna scream like a girl in a horror movie when she sees
this!" exclaimed mark.
C. Do not use more than one exclamation point! (!) Why? this is what my teacher
Each little exclamation mark is like a bat, and the dot is the ball. Every time u use one
its hits the reader over the head" (becuase its supposed to be exciting, ya know?) "and if
you use more than one, u hit the reader so many time that you KILL them! and we dont want
dead reader! We wanna keep them ALIVE!" [yeah my teacher is weaird...]
Ex. She ran faster than she ever had before, then, she leaped into the air and jumped into
the tunnel, despite all the peple screaming at her not too!!!!! < < < <WRONG!
Correct form: She ran faster than she ever had before, then, she leaped into the air and
jumped into the tunnel, despite all the peple screaming at her not too!
ok, thats it folks! hope this help!!!!!!!!!