The story of Junko Furuta Login to Kupika  or  Create a new account 


The story of Junko Furuta

* guest posting enabled *

22 May 2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 39
On November 22, 1989:
Junko Furuta was a girl in Japan who was held captive in a house by four boys. There, she
was raped countless times, then tortured to death in unimaginable and incomprehensible
ways for 44 days. She was 16 years old.

This is one of the most notorious and worst cases of torture murder ever recorded in
history. It is also one of the most horrifying and heartbreaking.

Exactly twenty years ago, a sixteen year-old girl was going through the most unimaginable
pain, waiting for the endless suffering she was going through to end. For forty-four days,
nobody helped her.

Her killers are now free men. Justice was never served, not even after 20 years.

Once you hear the story, it is not easily forgotten. Her 44 days of suffering will forever
be known.

(from Wikipedia)

The crime:
In November of 1988, Boy A (then 18 ), Boy B (Jo Kamisaku, then 17; Kamisaku was a new
family name he took after being released from prison [1]), Boy C (then 16) and Boy D (then
17) from Tokyo abducted and held Furuta, a second year high school (grade 11) student from
Saitama Prefecture in Misato, for 44 days. They kept her captive in the house owned by the
parents of Boy C.

To forestall a manhunt, Boy A coerced Furuta into calling her own parents and telling them
that she had run away from home, but was with "a friend" and was not in danger. He also
browbeat her into posing as one of the boys' girlfriends when the parents of the house
where she was held were around, but when it became clear that the parents would not call
the police, he dropped this pretext. Furuta tried to escape several times, begging the
parents more than once to help her, but they did nothing, apparently out of fear that Boy
A would hurt them. Boy A was at the time a low-level yakuza leader and had bragged that he
could use his connections to kill anyone who interfered.

According to their statements at their trial, the four of them raped her, beat her,
introduced foreign objects including an iron rod into her vagina, made her drink her own
urine and was fed cockroaches, inserted fireworks into her anus, and set them off, forced
Furuta to masturbate, cut her nipple with pliers, dropped dumbbells onto her stomach, and
burned her with cigarettes and lighters. (One of the burnings was punishment for
attempting to call the police.) At one point her injuries were so severe that according to
one of the boys it took more than an hour for her to crawl downstairs to use the bathroom.
They also related that "possibly a hundred different people" knew that Furuta had been
imprisoned there, but it is not clear if this means they visited the house at different
times while she was imprisoned there, or themselves either raped or abused her. When the
boys refused to let her leave, she begged them on several occasions to "kill (her) and get
it over with".

On January 4, 1989, using one of the boys' loss at mah-jongg as a pretext, the four beat
her with an iron barbell, poured lighter fluid on her legs, arms, face and stomach, and
set her on fire. She died later that day of shock. The four boys claimed that they were
not aware of how badly injured she was, and that they believed she had been malingering.

The killers hid her corpse in an 55-gallon drum filled with cement; the perpetrators
disposed the drum in a tract of reclaimed land in Koto, Tokyo.

Arrest and punishment

The boys were arrested and tried as adults; but, because of Japanese handling of crimes
committed by juveniles, their identities were sealed by the court. However, a weekly
magazine Shukan Bunshun reported their real names, claiming "Human rights aren't needed
for brutes."[2] Furuta's real name and details about her personal life were reported
exhaustively in the media. Kamisaku was judged as a sub leader, at least according to the
official trial.

The four boys pled guilty to a reduced charge of "committing bodily injury that resulted
in death", rather than murder. Boy A's parents sold their house for approximately 50
million yen and paid this as compensation to Furuta's family.[citation needed]

For his participation in the crime, Kamisaku served eight years in a juvenile prison
before he was released, in August 1999. In July 2004, he was arrested for assaulting an
acquaintance, whom he believed to be luring a girlfriend away from him, and allegedly
bragged about his earlier infamy. [1] Kamisaku was sentenced to seven years in prison for
the beating.

Junko's parents were dismayed by the sentences received by their daughter's killers, and
enjoined a civil suit against the parents of the boy in whose home the crimes were
committed. When some of the convictions were overturned on the basis of problematic
physical evidence (the semen and pubic hair recovered from the body did not match those of
the boys who were arrested), the lawyer handling the civil suit decided there was no case
to be made and refused to represent them further. (There is speculation that the evidence
may have been contaminated—for example, by unidentified persons who raped Furuta.

One of the most disturbing parts of this true story is that her killers are now free.
After putting Junko Furuta through all that suffering, they are free men.


-What they did to her and the suffering-

These horrifying things done to Junko Furuta had been collected through the Japanese court
trial of the case, and blogs from 1989. They show the pain that Junko Furuta had to endure
before she was finally dead. All this had happened to her while she was still alive. They
are disturbing, but the truth.

All of this had happened.


DAY 1: November 22, 1988: Kidnapped
Kept captive in house, and posed as one of boy's girlfriend
Raped (over 400 times in total)
Forced to call her parents and tell them she had run away
Starved and malnutritioned
Fed cockroaches to eat and urine to drink
Forced to masturbate
Forced to strip in front of others
Burned with cigarette lighters
Foreign objects inserted into her vagina/anus

DAY 11: December 1, 1988: Severely beat up countless times
Face held against concrete ground and jumped on
Hands tied to ceiling and body used as a punching bag
Nose filled with so much blood that she can only breath through her mouth
Dumbbells dropped onto her stomach
Vomited when tried to drink water (her stomach couldn't accept it)
Tried to escape and punished by cigarette burning on arms
Flammable liquid poured on her feet and legs, then lit on fire
Bottle inserted into her anus, causing injury

DAY 20: December10, 1989: Unable to walk properly due to severe leg burns
Beat with bamboo sticks
Fireworks inserted into anus and lit
Hands smashed by weights and fingernails cracked
Beaten with golf club
Cigarettes inserted into vagina
Beaten with iron rods repeatedly
Winter; forced outside to sleep in balcony
Skewers of grilled chicken inserted into her vagina and anus, causing bleeding

DAY 30: Hot wax dripped onto face
Eyelids burned by cigarette lighter
Stabbed with sewing needles in chest area
Left nipple cut and destroyed with pliers
Hot light bulb inserted into her vagina
Heavy bleeding from vagina due to scissors insertion
Unable to urinate properly
Injuries were so severe that it took over an hour for her to crawl downstairs and use the
Eardrums severely damaged
Extreme reduced brain size

DAY 40: Begged her torturers to "kill her and get it over with"

January 1, 1989: Junko greets the New Years Day alone
Body mutilated
Unable to move from the ground

DAY 44: January 4, 1989: The four boys beat her mutilated body with an iron barbell, using
a loss at the game of Mah-jongg as a pretext. She is profusely bleeding from her mouth and
nose. They put a candle's flame to her face and eyes.

Then, lighter fluid was poured onto her legs, arms, face and stomach, and then lit on
fire. This final torture lasted for a time of two hours.

Junko Furuta died later that day, in pain and alone. Nothing could compare 44 days of
suffering she had to go through.

When her mother heard the news and details of what had happened to her daughter, she
fainted. She had to undergo a psychiatric outpatient treatment . Imagine her endless

This story from 1989 is true. Please spread her story around. Everyone should know about
the existence of Junko Furuta's unimaginable and incomprehensible suffering, and this is
why this group has been made.

Invite your friends. Never let her story be forgotten. If this story changes the life of
at least one person then it has been worth it.

Rest In Eternal Peace,
Junko Furuta

22 May 2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Guest Poster
Wow that`s REALLY sad it made me cry

27 May 2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Guest Poster
I read this off facebook, (thanks to gabby,,) and I cried so hard! It's so sad!

27 May 2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 39
Yeah I found it on Facebook too, thanks to my friend Nadine.

27 May 2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Guest Poster
This is really sad.  I can never believe when people, no monsters, commit atrocities
like that and can walk away scot-free. Part of me wants to be a prosecuting attorney
whenever I read cases like this D:

28 May 2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Guest Poster
T^T I can believe people are like this. Those bastards

28 May 2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 39
Please join the club.

29 May 2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Guest Poster
What the hell is wrong with bastards like these! I'm crying!

11 June 2009, 01:16 AM   #9
Guest Poster
Stories like these are the reasons I've lost faith in humanity.
Not cool, humanity. Not cool.

9 July 2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Guest Poster
Oh my god.
The whole time I was reading this my stomach was in knots.
How could a person DO that to someone?
It's sick..
I can't even try to imagine that pain, nor do I want to..

I really hope those men get what they deserve one day
To be beaten and harmed as she was.

31 July 2009, 05:41 PM   #11
Guest Poster
Oh my god.
I started tearing up by reading only the first day.

They did horrible things to this and they were let go?!
I just find that sick, just because they're young, they did not get possibly life sentence
for what they did.

31 July 2009, 07:52 PM   #12
Guest Poster
That's just wrong.

I hope she's okay wherever she may be.

15 October 2010, 04:03 PM    #13
Guest Poster
This truely made me cry, i cna't believe that!
but she must have really believed she could've been saved because she stayed alive for 44
days thats good!
Thats jut sick! i don't see how you could live with that for the ret of your life knowing
you'd done that!

No Privileges
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 AM.

About Kupika    Contact    FAQs    Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Online Safety
Copyright © 2005-2012