Wednesday, 26 August 2009
12:56:56 AM (GMT)
To be clear, the title isn't serious, this isn't a dumb suicide message.
I'll be off at cross country camp for the next week or so. I'm doomed. Seriously. I
shall post part of the actual sign up sheet below, because I find it darkly funny.
"What to bring? This is important!!!!! Check it off as you pack!!!!!!
• SLEEPING BAG OR SHEETS AND BLANKETS, PILLOW
• A REALLY GOOD FLASHLIGHT!!!! Your cell-phone is not a flashlight!!!
• 3-5 TOWELS
• 8-10 PAIRS OF SOCKS
• RUNNING SHORTS
• 5-7 T-SHIRTS
• CASUAL CLOTHES FOR HANGING OUT
• SOAP, TOOTHPASTE, TOOTHBRUSH, HAIR STUFF, ETC.
• BATHING SUIT, WATER SHOES/FLIP FLOPS/SANDALS
• SWEATSHIRTS, LON GPANTS (IT CAN GET COLD)
• RUNNING SHOES (EXTRA OLD PAIRS IF YOU SAVED THEM)
• TISSUES, BAND AIDS, BUG SPRAY (OPTIONAL)
• EXTRA BATTERIES FOR YOUR FABULOUS FLASHLIGHT
• LEISURE ACTIVITIES – BOARD GAMES, CARDS, FISHING GEAR, MUSIC, ETC.
• PEN AND NOTEBOOK
• UMBRELLA (NOT THAT WE’LL NEED IT!!!)
• STRETCHNING ROPE
• PLASTIC BAGS IF YOU THINK THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NEED TO ICE
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BRINGING JUNK FOOD UP TO CAMP. THE DINING HALL PROVIDES SNACKS
AND DRINKS. GUMMI BEARS ARE NOT NEEDED."
Seriously Coach, why the capitals? And this camp has two training runs per day, and
swimming laps, and we have to do fifty push ups and fifty curl ups before each run.
Last edited: 26 August 2009