Sunday, 7 March 2010
01:18:24 AM (GMT)
1. In the United States, a pound of potato chips cost two hundred times more than a
pound of potatoes.
2. Caesar salad has nothing to do with any of the Caesar. It was first concocted in a
bar in Tijuana, Mexico, in the 1920's.
3. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually
from the bottom of the glass to the top.
4. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than
the celery has in it to begin with.
5. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
6. The two longest one-syllable words in the English language is "screeched. &
7. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
8. The word 'byte' is a contraction of 'by eight.'
9. The word 'pixel' is a contraction of either 'picture cell' or 'picture element'.
10. Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category.
11. Cat's urine glows under a black light.
12. The average ear of corn has eight hundred kernels arranged in sixteen rows.
13. Charlie Brown's father was a barber.
14. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.