Monday, 27 July 2009
11:37:09 PM (GMT)
ONLY Approved Tops (long or short sleeved. NO sleeveless)
- Unisex crew neck T-shirt (neck line must be to the collarbone or higher)
- Clayton's school logo girl's T-shirt/ unisex T-shirt
- Girl's non logo T - shirt meeting school uniform requirements
- Collared golf shirt
Styles not acceptable: V neck, Henley, and scooped neckline, etc.
ONLY Approved Colors:
- Solid Red
- Solid White
- Solid Navy
General overall regulations regarding tops:
- Tops must be PLAIN. Not acceptable: logos, insignias, pictures,
- Tops must be long enough so the NO skin or under wear shows at the waistline.
- All necklines must be to the collarbone or higher.
- Sleeves are required.
- Tops must be loose fitting and size appropriate (no clinging, no extreme over sized
- Fabric must be thick and loose enough so it's not see through.
- All undershirts and layered tops must be uniform color (red, white, and navy blue)
- No shirts worn inside out.
Approved Bottom Wear:
Approved Fabric: twill, cotton, polyester, corduroy, and wool.
Fabrics/styles NOT approved: denim, stretch form fitting, fleece, sweats, or
Types of Bottom Wear
- Plain Slacks
- Plain Shorts / Skirts / Skorts
- Plain Jumpers
Approved Bottom Color
Solid Dark Blue
General overall regulations regarding bottom wear:
- Length must be NO higher than 4 inches above the bend in your knee.
- No stripes or decorations
- No bagging, sagging, dragging oversized bottom wear.
- No tight form-fitting bottom wear
- No under garments will be exposed.
- No midriff will be exposed.
Only Approved Outer-Wear (ACCEPTABLE cold weather wear DURING SCHOOL HOURS)
- Sweatshirt (must be uniform colors) NO HOODIES.
- Cardigan sweater (button or zip up front)
- Fleece material vests. NO HOODIES.
Approved Colors: Red, White, and Navy Blue
General regulations regarding over-wear
- Plain solid color
- Free of logos ( except clayton ) writing, pictures, etc.
- Pullover crew neck sweatshirt or a zip up sweatshirt, NO HOODIES
- Pullover fleece or zip up vest or jacket, NO HOODIES
- Cardigan Sweater
- No contrasting trim or dual colors
- No Hoodies
- Approved uniform top must be worn underneath the over-wear
- No down vests or coats
Other Dress Code Requirements and Regulations:
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Shoes must be securely attached to feet for safety. A heel strap is required (no
- Socks are highly recommended for health reasons
- No shoes with rollers or wheels.
- Shoe heel height must be two inches or lower (for safety)
Hair Styles and Color:
- Hair styles must meet the safety standards for each classroom environment
- Hair styles should not be distracting or hazardous
- Hair must be of a natural color (no pinks, blues, greens, etc)
- Accessories cannot be potentially dangerous, obscene, and/or related to gangs,
drugs, or alcohol.
- Ties and scarves are permitted if they are solid red, white, or dark blue.
- No hair picks
- No chains (including wallet chains)
- No spiked wristbands or chokers
- No hates, bandanas, beanies, or other head decorations
- All clothes should be worn as intended (not inside out, tied around the waist,
Body and Skin
- Clean and absent or markings that are obscene, gang related, and/or related alcohol
or drug related.
- Free of ink writings.
- Hair should be washed, parted, and styled. Teeth should be brushed and clean.
Clothes should be clean and neat.
Backpacks, bags, purses, etc. must remain in the students locker from 8:10 to
Consequences for Uniform Violation:
1st - Warning referral - requires parent signature and returned
2nd - Warning referral - parent contact by phone and/or written notification
3rd - P.A.S.S. - parent contact
4th - After School Detention - parent contact
5th - After School Detention - required parent conference
6th - Parent+Student conference with School Community Council
7th - Peer Court Referral
8th - Suspension
Students will not attend class with a uniform violation