Friday, 3 August 2012
05:00:11 PM (GMT)
Body and Appearance
1. Describe the character's height and build. Is she heavyset, thin, short, rangy?
5'5", slim, runner's build. Good upper-body strength, as she enjoys rowing, running,
and other sports. She, however, competes as a gymnast.
2. How old is she?
3. Describe her posture. Does she carry herself well or does she slouch?
She walks tall, since she's fairly short, but she has a tendancy to slouch when
standing still or sitting down.
4. How is her health? Is she fit or out of shape? Any illnesses or conditions? Any
Great health. A matabolism to die for!
5. How does she move? Is he clumsy, graceful, tense, fluid?
Fairly graceful, although it varies with mood.
6. How attractive is this character physically? How does she perceive himself in the
She takes pride in her appearance, certainly, and definately doesn't find herself
unattractive. But she's modest, and doesn't like it when people acknowledge her
appearance, or comment on it.
7. Describe her complexion. Dark, light, clear, scarred?
Lightly tanned, from the sun, but there's a long scar across her right shoulderblade
from falling off the parallel bars when she was 6.
8. Describe her hair: color, texture, style.
Golden blonde, shoulder length, straight. She has a fringe cut just above her
eyebrows, straight across.
9. What color are her eyes?
10. Does the character have any other noteworthy features?
11. What are his chief tension centers?
............I don't know what this question means D:
12. What is the character's wardrobe like? Casual, dressy, utilitarian? Bright
colors, pastels, neutrals? Is it varied, or does she have six of the same suit?
Incredibly varied. Lots of sportswear, lots of girly clothes (dresses, mainly above
the knee), jeans, skirts. Lots of colours, too.
13. Do her clothes fit well? Does she seem comfortable in them?
She only wears things that she's comfortable in. Lucky for her, they're nice
14. Does he dress the same on the job as he does in his free time? If not, what are
Well, at school she has a uniform, but on Saturdays she works in the music shop in
town. For that, she just wears her usual clothes.
15. You knew it was coming: Boxers, briefs or commando?
Uhm... She's female O___O
1. What does this character's voice sound like? High-pitched, deep, hoarse?
Softly spoken, and feminine. The kind of voice you can't imagine getting angry.
2. How does she normally speak? Loud, soft, fast, evenly? Does she talk easily, or
does she hesitate?
Soft, but quite fast. She babbles alot. Especially when nervous.
3. Does the character have a distinct accent or dialect? Any individual quirks of
pronunciation? Any, like, you know, verbal tics?
A very, very slight Cornish accent, inherited from her mother.
4. What language/s does she speak, and with how much fluency?
English. She's rubbish at anything to do with languages.
5. Does she switch languages or dialects in certain situations?
When she's been around her mother lots (like over the holidays), her accent gets
6. Is she a good impromptu speaker, or does she have to think about her words?
Depends on the situation. In anger, she can talk for hours, but otherwise, she has
7. Is she eloquent or inarticulate? Under what circumstances might this change?
Normally, eloquent, since she thinks about what she says before saying it. But, when
she gets nervous, or embarrassed, her verbal abilities fail miserably, usually being
replaced by giggling.
Mental and Emotional
1. How intelligent is this character? Is she book-smart or street-smart?
She knows enough to get Bs and such at school, but her main fortes are sports. More
street-smart than book-smart.
2. Does she think on her feet, or does she need time to deliberate?
Mainly she thinks on her feet, but it varies depending on the situation.
3. Describe the character's thought process. Is she more logical, or more intuitive?
Idealistic or practical?
Very practical. She likes things to have reasons behind them. Generally, she just
goes on gut instinct.
4. What kind of education has the character had?
She went to a state school, but a decent one, and she's clever enough to get by.
5. What are her areas of expertise? What, if anything, is she interested in learning
She knows the science behind sports, but (surprisingly) physics is her 'thing'. She
likes understanding how her equipment works in gymnastics.
6. Is she an introvert or an extrovert?
She's fairly extroverted, since she's in with the 'popular' crowd.
7. Describe the character's temperament. Is she even-tempered or does she have mood
swings? Cheerful or melancholy? Laid-back or driven?
She's usually very even tempered, but when she does get angry, or sad, it's quite
extreme. Especially because she tries to be cheerful most of the time.
8. How does she respond to new people or situations? Is she suspicious, relaxed,
Enthusiastic. It comes with being popular.
9. Is she more likely to act, or to react?
React, generally, unless it's something she feels strongly about, like bullying, or
10. Which is her default: fight or flight?
Flight, although it depends on who's backing her up.
11. Describe the character's sense of humor. Does she appreciate jokes? Puns? Gallows
humor? Bathroom humor? Pranks?
It's not obvious, but she likes dark humour. Mainly, though, she listens to jokes,
and doesn't tell them.
12. Does the character have any diagnosable mental disorders? If yes, how does she
deal with them?
13. What moments in this character's life have defined her as a person?
When she was six, she fell off the parallel bars and broke her shoulder. The doctors
said that she wouldn't be able to compete again, or even do it as a hobby, but she
was determined to prove them wrong.
14. What does she fear?
Insects, clowns, ghosts and rejection.
15. What are her hopes or aspirations?
To compete in the Olympics as a gymnast.
16. What is something she doesn't want anyone to find out about her?
Her fear of clowns. She thinks it's stupid and childish.
1. Describe this character's relationship with her parents.
She gets on well with both. Moreso her mother, but she loves both her parents.
2. Does the character have any siblings? What is/was their relationship like?
No, she's an only child.
3. Are there other blood relatives to whom she is close? Are there ones she can't
She doesn't particularly like any of her cousins, but doesn't show it. She loves her
grandfather (on her father's side)
4. Are there other, unrelated people whom she considers part of his family? What are
her relationships with them?
No. All her friends aren't very close.
5. Who is/was the character's best friend? How did they meet?
She had a best friend when she was young, called Blake Jones, but they went to
different schools and lost touch.
6. Does she have other close friends?
No, not since Blake.
7. Does she make friends easily, or does she have trouble getting along with people?
She gets along with everyone, but not really close enough to call them friends.
8. Which does she consider more important: family or friends?
9. Is the character single, married, divorced, widowed? Has she been married more
10. Is she currently in a romantic relationship with someone other than a spouse?
No, not even a spouse >_> She's seventeen!
11. Who was her first crush? Who is her latest?
First and last was Blake. She's very focused on gymnastics, and never really gets
close enough to a person to properly get to know them.
12. What does she look for in a romantic partner?
Personality. Being around the popular crowd, that's somewhat lacking from her other
13. Does the character have children? Grandchildren? If yes, how does she relate to
them? If no, does she want any?
Nope. Wants one or two, but not yet.
14. Does she have any rivals or enemies?
Not that she knows of!
15. What is the character's sexual orientation? Where does she fall on the Kinsey
Dafuq's a Kinsey scale?! She's straight...
16. How does she feel about sex? How important is it to her?
She's never really given it much thought, so not very important. Admittedly, it
scares her a little.
17. What are his turn-ons? Turn-offs? Weird bedroom habits?
She's never really gotten close enough to a boy to know...
1. Do you know your character's astrological (zodiac of choice) sign? How well does
she fit type?
Leo. Sort of. She's ruled by her heart, and has a sunny disposition
2. Is this character religious, spiritual, both, or neither? How important are these
elements in her life?
Neither. She does, however, believe in ghosts.
3. Does this character have a personal code of morals or ethics? If so, how did that
begin? What would it take to compromise it?
She hates bullies. She has never been bullied herself, but she can't sit and do
nothing if she witnesses it. In her eyes, that's just as bad.
4. How does she regard beliefs that differ from hers? Is she tolerant, intolerant,
Curious, and tolerant. She like to know why.
5. What prejudices does she hold? Are they irrational or does he have a good reason
No serious ones. Except against her cousins, but that's completely irrational
1. What is the character's financial situation? Is she rich, poor, comfortable, in
Comfortable. Not really much else to say.
2. What is her social status? Has this changed over time, and if so, how has the
change affected her?
She's always been popular, but she likes to think that she hasn't been affected by
it. At least, she's not a total bitch.
3. Where does she live? House, apartment, trailer? Is her home her castle or just a
place to crash? What condition is it in? Does she share it with others?
She lives with her parents in a reasonably small house, although the gym's her second
4. Besides the basic necessities, what does she spend her money on?
She doesn't, much. She saves.
5. What does she do for a living? Is she good at it? Does she enjoy it, or would she
rather be doing something else?
She has a Saturday job at the music shop, which she enjoys. It gets her out, and
gives her a chance to wish she was musical!
6. What are her interests or hobbies? How does she spend her free time?
Sport, gymnastics. Dabbles in free running.
7. What are her eating habits? Does she skip meals, eat out, drink alcohol, avoid
She eats very healthily, to maintain her fitness. She cooks for herself sometimes,
but mainly her mother feeds the family.
Which of the following do you associate with the character, or which is his
1. Color? Gold
2. Smell? Freshly mown grass
3. Time of day? Morning
4. Season? Autumn
5. Book? The Declaration
6. Music? Classical, or music she can sing along to badly in the shower, or stuff
with a beat she can exercise to
7. Place? Outside.
8. Substance? Chalk dust
9. Plant? Bluebells
10. Animal? Lion
Last edited: 3 August 2012