Wednesday, 5 January 2011
04:17:22 PM (GMT)
Recently, I saw an American trailer for a documentery following three cosplayers as
they prepare for upcoming conventions - it's an internet thing, but it looked really
interesting, and definitely something to keep an eye out for in the enxt few months.
Also, it featured one of the most inpiring cosplayers of all time,
www.twinfools.deviantart.com, also known as Lucas.
It got me thinking about many things, such as why I cosplay, when I started cosplay,
my ambitions, my failures, etc etc, and I thought it would be quite interesting to
make a little film about cosplay myself - featuring both my group
www.lunaticswithlemonade.deviantart.com and some of my fellow cosplayers (not only in
England, but worldwide if possible).
So, if there are any cosplayers out there, would you care to lend me a hand in
educating the community about our hobby? I'll be putting the finished film on my
YouTube account (or potentially a new account) when it's finished, so you'll be able
to view it freely and link it to your friends. It will also mean more publicity for
In this film, I basically want it to be an insight into the world of cosplay, and
into the daily lives of people who do cosplay - such as how they balance their time,
how it affects personal life, the experiences they've had. I would like to be able to
mix and match between various people answering questions, with a voice-over
explaining some of the finer details. I won't be publishing personal details of
people either, but I would like to link first names or nicknames, and also webpages.
I would also like to borrow some photos of people's cosplay, if they're featured in
So, that's a lot of information there! It's best to get cracking, I guess. Below,
I've written some questions, that, if you particpate, you should answer. Please film
each question as a seperate scene on a still, high resolution camera, and then send
them in files to me either through Kupika, my Facebook, my Skype (CorruptedHeart) or
my MSN, which I can provide. You don't need to answer all the questions, as some may
not apply to you, or you may not know the answer. Please try to elaborate on your
answers too - between 20 seconds and 2 minutes would be perfect.
Please show us any of your costumes if you have them on hand, and wear a wig if you
want to - please feel free to be creative!
1. How long have you been cosplaying and what was your first costume?
2. How many costumes have you worn to date and which is your favourite? Why?
3. Do you attend any cosplay events? Where? What are they like?
4. How did you first get into cosplay?
5. What does cosplay mean to you?
6. How does cosplay effect your personal life? What do your friends make of cosplay?
7. What is the worst thing about cosplay? What is the most difficult thing about
8. What is the best thing about cosplay?
9. What are your views on making and buying costumes?
10. What are your ambitions as a cosplayer? What do you plan to do next?
11. Who are your cosplay idols? Why?
12. What do you feel are your successes and failures?
13. Show us some of your costumes/props and describe the process behind them.
Please provide the name you'd like to be referenced as, and a webpage (such as dA,
Tumblr etc) if you like.
ALSO, please write a short biography about yourself (so that I can introduce you in
the video) - such as your age, likes, dislikes, roughly where you lvie (if you
want)... anything you fancy.
I know it's a lot of stuff to do, but any small contribution would be really good for
Thanks, over and out!