Thursday, 1 May 2008
08:14:12 PM (GMT)
Okayokayokay. I've been getting a lot of "OMIGAWD HOW DO YOU DRAW LIKE THAT LOL" s
so I'm going to tell you guys like... How I did it. ._.
- Start out small. Don't worry if it looks like crap, or if it's simple or it's just
a stick figure or something. That's how I started.
- Seek inspiration! Look at your surroundings. Look at other people's art! The
outdoors, and Deviantart is a good place to do this. Just look around, inspiration is
- Copy what you see. Copyright, copyright, blah blah blah. I know. But, if you copy
another person's style, you'll find that you'll eventually end up making little
tweaks to it, and end up changing it alltogether. It'll become your own. You'll see.
- Practice. FUCKING PRACTICE. D: Sheesh. If you start drawing, and then you don't do
anything to give your talent a little push, you'll never get anywhere.
- Push yourself! Challenge yourself! Tug at the strings of your talent.
- Be flexible! If you draw one face, one pose, one hairstyle, one kind of clothes,
you'll never get anywhere.
- Interest. Put your heart and emotions and passion into every little thing you draw.
If you don't do this, then you'll lose interest in it all and you'll never get
- Never say that you can't draw! This is probably the most untrue thing that anyone
can ever say. The thing is, no artist is the same. Nobody draws exactly the same. So,
therefore, there's really not much to compare to when it comes to art. Everyone is a
talented artist in their own special way. For example, my friend David can't draw as
well as me in my style. I can't draw very well in his style. Every artist has their
own styles, and all of them are the best at their own styles. Every person is an
And so, this concludes Claire's Super Duper Tips to Help You All To Artistic
Greatness. Keep in mind that some of these may not work for all of you, yet they
should. This is how I got where I am with my art. Good luck. *u*