Tuesday, 1 July 2008
02:31:32 PM (GMT)
Ten Commandments From a Dog's Point of View
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you will be
painful and can even cause depression. Think before you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me don't be impatient,
short-tempered or irritable.
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back, respect is earned not
given as some sort of inalienable right.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. I am not
capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected.
You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your tone. "You only have to look at my tail" to know that.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget, if that treatment is
unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.
7. Please do not hit me. I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I don't
ever want to feel the need to do that.
8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask
yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food
or I've been out in the sun too long, maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or
maybe I'm just dog-tired.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care,
love, and affection.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it
happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember,
Irrespective of what you do I will always love you.
^__^ hope you learned something