Tuesday, 6 February 2007
04:37:36 AM (GMT)
1. Seventy-five percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half world population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of
the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with
basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus
can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop
9. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
10. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the
"real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous china.
11. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up
piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
12. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the
terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
13. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt
for several minutes.
14. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham
aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil,
allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
15. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes,
detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease
stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
16. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in
the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
17. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve
nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a
major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
18. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the
Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
19. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks
about 20 years!