Sunday, 8 April 2007
10:37:47 PM (GMT)
*cough* I'm Back!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
1. A zebra is white with black stripes.
2. All the planets in our solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the
only planet that rotates clockwise.
3. Hummingbirds are the only animal that can also fly backwards.
4. Insects do not make noises with their voices. The noise of bees, mosquitoes and
other buzzing insects is caused by rapidly moving their wings.
5. The cockroach is the fastest animal on 6 legs covering a meter a second.
6. The word "listen" contains the same letters as the word "silent".
7. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it's head are the
rabbit and the parrot.
8. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
9. India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
10. The whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of
11. A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
12. India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
13. 'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' is the fear of long words.
14. Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.
15. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
16. The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
17. In 1883 the explosion of the volcano Krakatau put so much dust into the earth's
atmosphere that sunsets appeared green and the moon appeared blue around the world
for almost two years.
18. "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in
19. Twenty-Four-Karat Gold is not pure gold since there is a small amount of copper
in it. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be molded with the hands.
20. Electricity doesn't move through a wire but through a field around the wire.
(Sorry I didn't finish writing that one, thankie kiwiface for pointing that out!)
Last edited: 1 May 2007