Thursday, 20 September 2007
07:54:11 PM (GMT)
Sooooo, I just got my AWESOME new saxaphone, it's brand new, and from PARIS!!! So
most of the sax's in my band have Accent sax's but i have some Frenchy one,
which is COOL! Unlike my bro's i get a NEW and UNUSED one, while they get OLD and
USED baritones (euphoniums). I feel so LUCKY!
So far, i have counted 24 buttons (heh heh BUTTons) so that might be
a hassle! So far i can ploay FIVE notes; D , C , B , A , G, and i only started
yesterday. I can play 'Hot Cross Buns' and 'Mary had a Little Lamb' only in the jazzy
way, which is COOL! I'm hoping to be first chair (the best in the group) but I'm
guessing I have REALLY GOOD chances since, I just started yesterday, and I'm ahead of
the class notewise and songwise. Even if i don't I will join Jazz Band, i get to wear
pretty BEAUTIFUL black dress, that is so cute!
Here are THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO SETTING YOUR SAXAPHONE UP!
1. Get your reed wet.
2. But Cork Grease on the little cork where the mouth-piece will go.
3. Put on your neck strap and attach it to your sax.
4. Put your cut off mouth-piece section onto the body.
5. Put your mouth piece on.
6. Put your WET reed on.
7. Attach the ligament to hold the reed in place.
8. Adjust any loose stuff.
9. Adjust neck strap till it's pretty much choking you.
10. Brethe in like your going to blow 95 candles out in one breath, press a
key, and PLAY!
So I hope you enyoyed my Alto Sax presentation. Au Revoir!